The City of San Ramon has commissioned Brian Keith to create a powerful 13-foot bronze sculpture of an eagle for San Ramon to represent the City’s commitment to freedom, open space, and natural wildlife. The San Ramon Arts Foundation is honored to have been selected to partner and assist with helping to bring this amazing piece of art to our local community as it aligns with our mission to continue to promote the Arts in San Ramon.
We feel privileged to provide support for this astounding project with such a talented world-renowned artist, and we thought we would share some background information about the artist Brian Keith.
- Brian is an artist and sculptor who got his start here in San Ramon, where he attended Neil Armstrong Elementary, Pine Valley Middle School and California High.
- Brian began training at the age of 7 with his first mentor, his grandmother. He received a 4-year scholarship to attend the Academy of Art in San Francisco
- He also followed his passion for faith and in parallel to his study of the Arts he studied the Bible academically
- Brian has earned national recognition for his bronze works of art and was voted into the prestigious National Sculpture Society, a collection of the best sculptors from around the world
- His bronze sculptures and oil paintings can be found in public and private collections throughout the United States
- Some examples of his work include busts of former President Ronald Reagan and First Lady which are now in the collection of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum. He has also created private collections for several Governors and his works are also featured nearby in Blackhawk, where he created seven life-sized bronze figures and the whimsical “Swan Tales”
- Brian and his wife Lanisa, an award-winning Christian singer and songwriter, continue to make their home in San Ramon. They have four children: Malia, Jordan, Teah, and Nathan.
“I always figured I would grow up and be in either law enforcement, the ministry or sports,” said Keith. “But underneath there was always my art, and that’s where I ended up.”Brian Keith
The bronze eagle will be located at the Rancho San Ramon Community Park in the San Ramon Dougherty Valley and will be available for the enjoyment of our community with thousands of individuals and families visiting the sculpture annually.
The San Ramon Arts Foundation is supporting artist Brian Keith with this significant art project and we welcome your participation and support through donations for the project by donating here
Donate to the San Ramon Eagle Project
San Ramon businesses, art collectors and individual community members can make a difference today that will last forever!